.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a crack in your ear through which sound surreptitiously slips, or an illicit substance which gives your ears immense pleasure while enslaving them to a crippling addiction

Thursday, July 06, 2006

up up and away

superman2

When we played "Superman" as kids, we'd always shout the words "up up and away" before we ran around the playground pretending to fly. Those were like the magic words you had to say. We made up our own rules. Like, you also needed a cape -- anyone with a cape could fly. Even Batman. And Robin. Aquaman was SOL.

I never actually read comic books as a kid, but I just spent the last four weeks of my life immersed in Superman. I was producing the latest installment of Studio 360's American Icons series, which is airing this weekend. Eric Molinsky collected all the interviews, and I used that tape to write an hour-long show, which I also mixed and sound designed (David Krasnow was our editor, Jocelyn Gonzales and Derek John each produced a piece, and Kurt Andersen hosted). This project was really intense with a very tight turnaround, and I haven't had a day off since I started (I even worked on 4th of July). So I am taking the day off today, woohoo!

The show includes interviews with Art Spiegelman, Jules Feiffer, Michael Chabon, Bryan Singer, Brandon Routh, Margot Kidder... but my favorite was this British guy named Howard Jacobsen, who has one of the most amazing British accents I've ever heard. If I were talking to you right now, I would do my immitation. But this is the internet, so you'll have to settle for the real thing.

You can hear the show by clicking on this sentence.


In other news, the PRI pilot I worked on last month is going into production in late August. I'll post more on that when the time comes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[prefs.setac_phrase]