.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a crack in your ear through which sound surreptitiously slips, or an illicit substance which gives your ears immense pleasure while enslaving them to a crippling addiction

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

hip hop anthology

hiphopLast weekend, Studio 360 re-broadcast a piece I produced two years ago about hip hop battles. When the radio piece was first produced, Eminem's movie 8 Mile was still in theaters, so it had a slightly more topical feel to it. But certain purveyors of the hip hop artform seem intent on being hate-uhs (why oh why can't they just be play-uhs? oh yeah, it sells), so it wasn't all that hard to find a new peg.

Over the years, I've produced three pieces about hip hop for Studio 360, so I decided to provide an anthology for those of you who may be interested in my hip hop oeuvre. Here they are, in chronological order:

1. Gangsta Rap
2. Hip Hop Battles
3. Hip Hop in the 90's

In other news, I'll be at Third Coast this weekend, I'm looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting some new ones. And after that, it's off to meet my new niece! Should be a fun vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[prefs.setac_phrase]